Monday, February 21, 2005

Washington's Birthday

Officially today is/was a holiday federally designated as Washington's Birthday which has morphed into President's Day. A California lawyer is fighting for the public return of Washington's Birthday. Courtesy of The Corner on NRO here's the story. I personally prefer the day remembered for our first president. I have just started reading His Excellency George Washington by Joseph J. Ellis. Over my recent equipment swaps I read David McCullough's John Adams which was very good although I must admit biographies of people one should recall quite a bit about aren't as enjoyable to me as those of people I know very little about. Not many surprise endings on famous personalities I suppose. When I have finished slogging through His Excellency I 'll give an opinion.

No comments: